Theme is SLOW

Home Forums SKT Biz/Corp Theme Support Theme is SLOW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Christopher DickensChristopher Dickens
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 3

I saw on another forum a speed issue where the response was to check the size of images loading.  I have three slider images, 59K, 124K, and 130K, not very large files.  Beyond that, there are no other images I’ve loaded, and I’ve done very little editing of the site from it’s template.  I know that the dreamhost server it’s hosted on is not having a problem because the backend wp-admin pages are loading fine.  Bringing up the site takes consistently 15 seconds.  Clicking between pages on the site takes about 10 seconds.  I’ve tested the site on numerous networks and on all browsers and devices.  The results are the same.

Kathleen ErpenbeckKathleen Erpenbeck
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 10
    • Total: 14

I do not have this problem with this theme on Bluehost. Have you tried clearing your site cache? (Not the browser, but through WP admin?) Installation and configuration of plug-ins, etc to your server can slow things down considerably)

Christopher DickensChristopher Dickens
    • Topics: 2
    • Total: 3

I don’t see an option on Dreamhost’s wordpress installation to clear cache.  It’s running 4.2.2.  When I switch to a different theme, the site loads in about 2-3 seconds.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

I am sure something is a miss. Kindly do one thing send us the WordPress admin details and your URL of the site via email: [email protected] and we will have a look and try to solve. However we have checked our theme and there isn’t a problem. So should be something very easy which might be causing the slow load times.

Regards,
    Shri

Dieter JarzombekDieter Jarzombek
    • Topics: 0
    • Total: 1

I have the same problem. A new installation of the SKT IT Consultant Pro Theme and WordPress is very slow. All another Themes have nor problem. Can you say the solution of the problem?

Keymaster

We are updating theme tonight. Will update you when done and send you the updated theme and instructions to update.

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Sent email about updated theme.

Regards,

Shri

Petr ZemlaPetr Zemla
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 7

I have the same problem. I will send you access from [email protected]

Kathleen ErpenbeckKathleen Erpenbeck
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 10
    • Total: 14

Hi Shri – When I began site development in May, I wasn’t having speed problems (as I noted in this thread on May 14th). Unfortunately now it IS very slow to respond — although I’m running v2.0. This is a relatively small site (~80 pages/posts total), with only a few plugins — nothing extraordinary.
    http://www.kktest.com/

I will send you an email with full admin access — hopefully you can help me resolve.
    TY!
    KK

Keymaster

Hi KK,

Have replied back to your email.

Please respond and then will proceed.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.