SKT Naturo home page

Home Forums All Other Themes SKT Naturo home page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malcolm WestMalcolm West
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 5

In section1 of the home page I have the section boxes set up and these are linking through to pages on the site. What I am struggling with though is the words and images that appear in the section headers on the home page.

The words it seems to take an extract of the first certain number of characters, can this be controlled or do I just have to draft carefully to fit the space and still make sense on the other page.

The images if I use the size recommended in the featured image then on the header page it looks good but on the specific page it is then oddly large and pixilated. If I use a normal banner type image on the specific page then it is very small when used in the space on the home page section. Can two different images be specified or can the one on the specific page be set to not show?

you can see this on the site here:
    www.yourpmo.co.uk

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Malcom,

Yes it picks up first few words from the excerpt. I think we can increase this via functions or custom-functions file.

For the image problem kindly use plugin page links to and link those pages to some other page where you don’t have featured image set so that it doesn’t look odd.

Regards,
    Shri

Malcolm WestMalcolm West
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 5

thanks downloaded that plug in and that did the trick, I just had to create a custom menu so the spare pages (which are just to hold the small images shown in the section element) don’t display

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30588
    • Total: 30588

Okay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.