Skt Hotel Pro – Theme options will not save

Home Forums Hotel Pro Skt Hotel Pro – Theme options will not save

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RichardRichard
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 4

I’ve purchased SKT Hotel Pro and after install the theme options will not save. For example, I try to do one simple change like update the logo on the basic tab, scroll to the bottom and save. It says “options saved” but immediately reverts back to the holel pro logo.

This is very frustrating as the them works just fine on my other site.

I have called my site host and he said there is no difference in settings between the two websites. One works, one doesn’t.

I have also completely deleted the theme and reinstalled it (which said successful). It still did not work.
    I then deleted the theme once more and installed it directly through FTP – it still did not work.

Please advise.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via sktthemes.net/contact Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Brad

Hi,

Kindly ask your host to change these settings:

memory_limit = 256M
    upload_max_size = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 1000

Regards,
    Chris

RichardRichard
    Participant

My host has changed all these settings and the problem still exists. Next suggestion?

Hi,

Please set proper read and write permission to files/folders.

We created the following php file to check whether your host made changes or not but it is not executing.

http://lfagallery.net/phpinfo.php

Regards,
    Chris

RichardRichard
    Participant

SO the host set the permissions to 755 and this php file (mentioned above) can be accessed just fine but I STILL can’t save anything in the theme options. 🙁

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Richard,

Please understand a theme is only part of a whole WordPress ecosystem.

If WordPress itself is not properly working or functioning then how come a theme will work.

Please use recommended WordPress hosting providers which are mentioned in WordPress.org as well.

At this point of time it would mean again and again going back and forth into your cpanel and checking issues of your hosting which we are not supposed to nor is a theme issue actually.

Regards,
    Shri

RichardRichard
    Participant

I do understand the theme works with wordpress as a whole. This exact theme functions just fine on another domain we have hosted by the same provider. The website with the issue also works just fine for all other themes I have ever used on it (the site has been up for about 4 years with no problems, same host…and wordpress).

Is there some permissions setting required that is out of the ordinary for this SKT theme?

Keymaster

Mostly hosting limitations as i stated above are the reasons why options won’t execute. If we reduce the number of options then it runs fine.

It means php run time or execution time is smaller than is required to run the theme.

Hosting will definitely deny this because they always want to blame it on others but that is the only reason we could find.

We reduced the number of options and the theme did work fine and saved the options.

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Kindly visit this link http://lfagallery.net/phpinfo.php

and please find memory_limit you can see its showing 96M however the theme needs 256M

Kindly ask your host to change it to 256M … and when they confirm kindly open this link http://lfagallery.net/phpinfo.php and find “memory_limit” if its showing 256M then try saving the theme options.

It should run just fine thereafter.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.