Setup Handyman Theme like Demo

Home Forums Handy Theme Support Setup Handyman Theme like Demo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 22
    • Total: 31

Hello,

I would like to set up the handyman theme just as the demo but finding that the instructions are vague at best when explaining the details.

Not to mention some of the other elements on page don’t look like them demo when they are added.

I can’t get the carousal to show on the frontpage either.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Here is what you need to do. Go to Settings>Readings (in WordPress admin panel) and select Your latest posts.

The following image shows the same:
    http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-white-doc/assets/img/reading.jpg

Thereafter follow this link for homepage and should be good.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant

Thank You!  Now one last thing until the next item my “request a quote” button is not like one in the demo and I really like the demo version how do I make it look like your demo?

Keymaster

Hi,

Replace the one you have in the sidebar to this image: https://slack-files.com/T02T6CHHY-F04QPQUHG-eb43bf1c9f

Download the image and then use it.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant

Thank You,

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant

Okay I’ve tried all I know to do for getting the quote button to show correctly like the demo for my site.  To no avail it just sets my image inside the css of the default button.  Should I comment out the css of the quote button so that it don’t show? Or what do you suggest?

Keymaster

Send us email ([email protected]) with details of your site. Will solve for you.

Regards,
    Shri

Apple BakerApple Baker
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 11
    • Total: 14

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that have not been resolved. The template you sent is not the demo. There are several things wrong with the template:

1. The comment field is not showing on my page even when the comment option is checked.
    2. The CSS for the search field is incomplete. It is completely different from the demo
    3. The header is different. You have moved and replaced the social media icons. I want them just like the demo
    4. The design for the Archive, Blog, Recent Comment, etc is not right. Again, they are completely different from your demo and doesn’t look good at all. I have sent you my screen shot twice now.
    Can you please, please, please respond to my requests with right resolution?

Keymaster

Hi Apple,

Actually you send us a lot of different emails which confuses us from time and again. Plus initially it were for the other theme. Now we consider hopefully that is done now we are focussing on this one.

Also we told you yesterday that we have updated Fix IT theme so do you want to upgrade your theme to the new one?

Regards,
    Shri

Apple BakerApple Baker
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 11
    • Total: 14

I got 2 themes from you and each with the subject clearly specify the name of the theme. You have asked me to upgrade the theme which I did. Installed it and it is exactly the same as before. Nothing changed! I have wasted my time deleting the previous version, installed the upgraded version with the same result. Do you have problem delivering it? We are going round and round with the same problem.

Keymaster

Not sure how we are going round and round and how thing is same and nothing changed.

Here is the old screenshot: https://www.sktthemes.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Handyman1.jpg

Here is the new one screenshot: https://www.sktthemes.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/handyman-screen-1.jpg

It clearly shows the theme has changed. At the most we can install the theme for you if you can send us the WordPress admin details and url of the site.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant

Since I keep getting emails about other peoples problems with the theme.

Has the theme been updated?

Will it affect my current content from the previous one?

The reason I ask is you limit the amount of downloads one can make from a purchase although updates should be free.

Thanks

Keymaster

Hi,

Theme has been updated but you will loose content. Reason is the old design had a bit of problems which we have completely removed and now the design is better and more flat.

One can always ask for re-access. Reason for limiting the downloads is due to not too much server load due to downloads at any point of time.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant

Okay so if I download now then it will be the updated version correct?

Keymaster

Actually this new theme the homepage is a bit different.

You would have to reset up the homepage of the new theme. These theme options and homepage has been updated and made flat design to have better control for clients.

Carousel also has been managed via custom post type named featured projects for ease of use.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.