Setting a static hompage makes sections disappear

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support Setting a static hompage makes sections disappear

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany ClementsTiffany Clements
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 28
    • Total: 42

How do you select a page as my static homepage (front page) and still be able to have the sections remain? Currently, if I select a page they disappear. I also noticed that I am unable to add my actual website link as the homepage link itself. Why is that? A little help, please.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi,

Your 1 year support for theme has expired. To continue receiving theme updates and support for another year kindly subscribe for just $18: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=E6MFAFM4T6RDL

Once paid we will again renew your support for 1 year and you will also receive theme updates as and when they happen.

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

I paid for support now I need help. I need to be able to set my static homepage. This is how it looks when a static page is selected. As stated earlier the sections instantly disappear. Static pages should work with your theme by default, but you forced me to pay for something as if its a customization request. I have included a screenshot.
    homepage when static page is selected

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via sktthemes.net/contact Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi!

I sent the information twice already. For this thread and a separate one. When will you guys be available to help resolve these issues?

Hi,

Issue have been resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi!

It is not resolved. Why did you create a new header.php without my consent and also added a file manager plugin to my website? There is nothing wrong with what was coded the problem is it seems that you guys did not code your theme to allow a front page or actually blog posts page without visible errors. Therefore your quick fix ruined pages of my website that I now have to do a backup restore to get things back to normal.

For example, if I set the homepage as full width the actual page I created appears and not a front page that shows the sections. Even if I use the default page attribute part of the page still appears along with the sections. Why is this so? Now whatever you coded has caused the homepage slider to show up on every page of my website. I am deleting the new header.php file and plugin you created. Do you guys have a real solution or just guessing here? Please do not delete, add, or deactivate anything on my website. I am asking for a solution to resolve the problem with your theme only.

Hi Tiffany,

We can make changes to the child theme however we cannot make changes to the original theme and even if we do make those changes it won’t reflect on your website because you have the child theme activated.

So for us to make changes here we need to make changes to your theme and not the original one.

Even if we make changes to the original one it won’t pick up because child theme is activated.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

You can make changes to your original theme by updating it. I do not need you to edit anything pertaining to my child theme you tried it and ruined my website. I am not interested in doing another backup restore or redoing things that have already been done. Honestly, I do not understand why you would design a theme that does not allow a front or blog posts page selection when every other WordPress theme that I’ve worked with does.

Well, you forced me to pay for support on something that should work with your theme by default so, I expect results or a refund. No, do not touch my child theme. Your theme has not been updated since I purchased it so I think starting there would be a good idea. Can you run your tests on the files and your theme outside of my website to see if you can get it working?

Participant

I am still awaiting support. When will I receive it? I sent the last message on Wednesday via direct email. you read it, but did not apply or help. ????????‍♀️

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Tiffany,

Since its a one page theme it cannot be set up to a static page because latest posts will show up the sections.

However i want to understand why do you need to set up the homepage as static page in the first place?

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

So you forced me to pay for support on something you had no intention of assisting me with in the first place? Why does it matter the reason if I’m asking for help? The better question is why did you design a theme that doesn’t really allow static pages for home or blog considering every other WordPress theme does or why you don’t think after 2 years it’s not necessary to update your theme? Your theme has not been updated since you designed it. Therefore, I am making the necessary customizations so it does what I need it to do. Can you assist me otherwise I am requesting a full refund for the support and updates I paid for…

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

You can get a $18 refund. It is for 1 year support. We can refund that if you want.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.