Pages As Source For Slider

Home Forums All Other Themes Pages As Source For Slider

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Floris KleijneFloris Kleijne
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi all, I am a happy user of the Gravida theme for my author website https://www.floriskleijne.com/. The only thing I don’t like about Gravida is the inconvenient way of changing the slides in the frontpage slider. Ten static items in the Customize screen, so if I want to enter a new 1st slide, and keep the order of the other slides, I must change nine other slides as well.

I would love to have a dropdown for each of the ten slides, where I can select an existing page as the source for each slide. Or better still: a custom post type. The posts would contain title, body text, image, and link URL for each slide, and the slider would get that information from the post selected in the dropdown.

I have already created the Gravida Slide CPT in my Gravida Child theme. I’ve been in touch with Shri several years back, who said that creating the possibility to select posts as slide source is a relatively simple customization. Can this still be developed for me?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30639
    • Total: 30639

Hi Floris,

You can have custom slider also instead of our slider and then use this slider instead: https://wordpress.org/plugins/smooth-slider/

Regards,
    Dave

Floris KleijneFloris Kleijne
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Thanks, Dave, for your response. However, I like the Gravida slider and would much prefer to use that instead of having to configure a new plugin and figuring out how to get that in the same spot on my homepage.

So my question remains…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.