Need to manually update Complete Pro from 1.0 to 1.1

Home Forums All Other Themes Need to manually update Complete Pro from 1.0 to 1.1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael GabrielMichael Gabriel
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 47
    • Total: 70

Because the latest WordPress 4.7 update appears to be screwing up the Complete Pro Customize interface, it seems I need to update a site from Complete 1.0 to 1.1. I tried your suggestion of switching to another theme, deleting the old version of Complete 1.0, uploading my new 1.1 Complete theme, and activating it — only to find my customisations gone, much to my horror. I was able — thankfully — to go back to my 1.0 and restore the original site. What am I doing wrong? How do I keep my setting if I have to FTP the files manually? The URL is http://www.xcountry.tv

Thanks,
    Michael

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Michael,

Given re-access to the theme.

All you need to do is go to sktthemes.net/my-account/

Login using email id and password.

Click on downloads section in my-account

Download the latest theme.

Activate some other theme and delete the old one.

Upload and activate the new theme.

Regards,
    Shri

Michael GabrielMichael Gabriel
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 47
    • Total: 70

Hi Shri,

Thanks for giving me access to Complete 1.1. I had to upload it via FTP to the Themes folder on my server. When I switched from the other theme back to the new version of Complete 1.1, the content was there, but my Home page settings (layout, widgets, etc.). were gone! So I had to scramble to switch back to the old version. How do I keep my settings? What are the files that I’d need to copy to preserve or restore the old layout, customisations, etc?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.