Navigation help

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Navigation help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 54
    • Total: 70

I think I asked this before and didn’t get an answer. I am using SKT Full Width (www.meditate-wnc.org), and I’m having trouble with the Previous post and Next post navigation. I have posts in several different categories: Events, Articles, News. If I am looking at a News post, I want the next post to be the next News post (within the category), not the next post chronologically, which might be in a different category. Right now, I’m just getting everything in chronological order, which takes visitors to places that have nothing to do with what they are looking at.

Example: http://www.meditate-wnc.org/healing-requests-now-available-online/ This post is in the News category. If you look at the bottom of the post, the link to the next post is “Yoga vs. Meditation” which is a post in the Articles category, not News. The next News post should be “Christmas in July.” If you continue following the navigation links, the next post after Yoga vs. Meditation is another post in the Articles category, which is then followed by “Christmas in July” which is the next News post. What I want is for the next post on the News post “Healing Requests…” to navigate to the next News post, “Christmas in July”, skipping over the posts in Articles or any other category. If I am viewing an Article post, I want the next post be an Article post, skipping over other categories in the same way. In other words, all post navigations should be limited to within the current category being viewed.

How do I change the navigation, so the Next and Previous post navigation at the bottom of a post stays within the current category? Thanks for your help

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30588
    • Total: 30588

Hi,

Your 1 year support for theme has expired. To continue receiving theme updates/access and support for another year kindly subscribe for just $18

Pay via PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=E6MFAFM4T6RDL

OR

Pay via Credit Card:

https://sites.fastspring.com/sktthemes/product/singlethemeyearly

Once paid we will again renew your support for 1 year and you will also receive theme updates/access as and when they happen.

Regards,
    Chris

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

I paid for another year of support. Looking forward to your assistance. Thank you.

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via email: [email protected] Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Chris

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

I emailed the requested information last night. I copied some of the explanation from above – please don’t let it distract from the info you requested. Please e-mail me when you are finished. I am not getting the notifications from folloow-up replies to this thread.

Hi,

This is a custom requirement which would require some additional hours and doesn’t fall under theme support. Kindly connect with us on [email protected] for a quote.

Regards,
    Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.