[my.domain] redirected you too many times

Home Forums All Other Themes [my.domain] redirected you too many times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael GabrielMichael Gabriel
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 47
    • Total: 70

Hi SKT team,

You were kind enough to help me with an install upgrade recently and the site looks fabulous. However, now when I try to access the Customize panel, I receive an error in the preview window (see this link http://imgur.com/HUQdjio), so I’m unable to view the pages as I attempt to make changes.

I’ve looked at possible solutions and tried them all, including deactivating all plugins, ensuring that the URL settings are correct, etc. This site is installed in a subfolder of the server and wondering if that be the problem? Would you be able to take a peek at www.xcountry.tv and let me know? I can give you access to the admin panel again, if you like.

Thank you,
    Michael

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30639
    • Total: 30639

Hi Michael,

It is because the site is in the subfolder of the server. If you install the theme in root folder it will solve the issue.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi Dave,

It was working fine for well over a year. This problem started at around the time of the upgrade. Any suggestions on how to fix it? The site admin will not allow an installation in the root folder.

Thank you for your response!

Cheers,
    Michael

Participant

Any news on this, please? I’ll provide access to your team again if you want to look at it. Just let me know Thank you!

Participant

Hi,

Never mind. I figured it out. It was the .htaccess file. It had been changed and I recreated a new one to work with the sub-folder installation. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Michael

Participant

Actually, it’s still a problem. What we’ve learned is that since this WordPress installation is not in the server’s root directory but in a folder, the customize.php routine doesn’t seem to know what to do with the Front page. It displays a “[site-name] redirected you too many times” error. It makes it impossible to preview changes to the Front page in the preview window. Can you fix this or offer a suggestion apart from reinstalling in the root folder? The client’s IT people won’t allow it. Thank you for your help and insight!

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.