Loading time / Mobile layout

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Loading time / Mobile layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Morten MengeMorten Menge
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 5

Hi there,

thanks for your support btw, very helpful and quick.

I have two things I am asking your help on.

1) Loading time: I only use one background with your  slides feature. Still each time I load my page, it takes very long for the page to show – the “loading circle” shows for very long. Any way I could decrease loading time and maybe disable the “slide feature” as I only use one background?

Have a look at my page: thesilenceintea.com

2) Mobile page: I tried opening my page via iOS and the performance is not really ideal. Its slow and not really mobile optimized. Will there be a better mobile experience, a better mobile layout availabe in the next release? Any suggestion on how I could increase the mobile performance? Any plugin you know about maybe that could be helpful?

Thanks for your support.

Morten

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Morten,

1. You have to compress the image. One way is to reduce size. But i understand one cannot reduce the size below 1980 or 2100px width.

So then you can reduce the size by using compression tools. If you know Photoshop you can reduce quality of the image a bit like 80% or 70% and reduce the size or else use some tools available by searching on Google.

2. Yes only for this theme we had troubles with responsive due to the scripts used. In next release we are releasing one white version plus full responsive. Expect the release by the end of this month.

Regards,
    Shri

Morten MengeMorten Menge
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 5

Thanks Shri, appreciated.

1) I reduced file size to 500kb and it helped a bit – thanks

2) Are u planning on releasing a “mobile layout” too or is it still going to be  just the desktop version fitted for mobile devices?

Thanks

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Yes will be launched by month end. It will be compatible with mobile and tablets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.