Homepage Slider Questions

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support Homepage Slider Questions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stevenrotchadlstevenrotchadl
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 6

Hi, hopefully I am not too much a bother to you today.

1. I would like to make the homepage slider about half the height. However, I would prefer this not to mess up the mobile version. Previously, when I changed the height using custom CSS, a big white space was created, or nothing at all happened (I tried with a variety of different image sizes for homepage slider pictures). And it totally messed up the mobile version, because then the slider pictures were too small to display all the text on the slider.

2. I would like the capability of each orange button on each slider picture to redirect to a different link, not all the same link. If this proves impossible, then I would like to A) delete the current orange box, and then B)make the “read more” text into an orange box graphic replicated as the previously deleted orange box. This would be a workaround to being able to have each orange box have an individualized link.

3. This actually deals with Section 1, “services.” I would like these service boxes to stay static on the page, rather than at the beginning not existing, and then popping into existence.

Thanks for any help.

www.zhongmeigames.com

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Basic Settings >> Custom CSS Box:

Add this code there:

.slider-main { min-height:350px;}
    .slider-main .nivoSlider { height:400px;}

@media screen and (max-width:479px) {
    .slider-main { min-height:200px;}
    .slider-main .nivoSlider { height:auto;}
    .nivoSlider img { max-width:150% !important; width:150% !important;}
    }

2. I would like the capability of each orange button on each slider picture to redirect to a different link, not all the same link. If this proves impossible, then I would like to A) delete the current orange box, and then B)make the “read more” text into an orange box graphic replicated as the previously deleted orange box. This would be a workaround to being able to have each orange box have an individualized link.

Ans: Kindly refer our documentation to setup read more button links
    http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-black-doc/#slider-setting

3. This actually deals with Section 1, “services.” I would like these service boxes to stay static on the page, rather than at the beginning not existing, and then popping into existence.

Ans: Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via sktthemes.net/contact Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Brad

1. The issue was partially solved, but created new problems. I wanted to set the height even smaller than the numbers you used, and I did. But this has created four new problems:
    A) depending on screen size, there is sometimes white space beneath the picture. (solution: I don’t know)
    B) the bouncing arrow button is over the text. (solution: I would just like to remove the bouncing arrow now.)
    C) The text for the slider is now too low. (solution: hopefully can just simply raise the text)
    D) Doesn’t show up on mobile at all, I assume because of problem C. (solution: Maybe solving problem C)

2. Perhaps I was unclear. I’m not looking to simply change the Read More links as detailed in the documentation. I would like the capability of the “contact now” orange button being able to lead to different links, depending on which image in the slider it is on.

3. I contacted you.

Thanks,
    Steven

I contacted you and have not received a response yet.

Please kindly respond when you are available.

Thanks,
    Steven

Hi,

Q. 1, 2, 3

Ans: Issue have been resolved form our end. Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,
    Brad

Thanks for your help. There are two things that I see are not quite resolved yet.

Q1: I would like the bouncing arrow removed.

Q3: I want the service boxes on the page, statically. They have disappeared.

Thanks,
    Steven

Hi,

Resolved

Regards,
    Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your support so far. However, the “services” boxes have disappeared. They are completely non-present on the desktop version of the website. Instead, there is just a blank space.

Thanks,
    Steven

Hi,

Can you send us the screenshot of your issues? Upload your screenshot on imgur.com and paste the share url here.

Regards,
    Brad

It works on Firefox. But it does not work on Google Chrome. As you can see in these two screenshots, the boxes are not present.

https://imgur.com/a/Rjwd2Hb

Hi,

Services box working fine on both browser.

Have a look at:
    https://imgur.com/a/JxJSyuH

Regards,
    Brad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.