copy header.php to childtheme

Home Forums Massage Center (Spa) Forum copy header.php to childtheme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CarlaCarla
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 27
    • Total: 38

I have a problem with working with a child theme of the Spa theme. I need to translate Follow us in de topbar to Dutch. You adviced me in a previous question to translate that in de header.php. Therefor I copied the header.php through ftp to my childtheme in order to not loose the adjustments I made when updating the theme.

I did this lots of times with other templates and it always works.

But this time after copying the header.php to the child I loose some sections on the homepage, f.e. the welcome section and the service boxes. When I delete the header.php from the child the missing sections are back again. Is there a solution to that?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Its not advised for child themes on our website as we do not provide updates automatically and only via email so its fine to use the original template and use Custom CSS box for Custom CSS.

Regards,
    Shri

CarlaCarla
    Participant

For the English market probably it is not necessary to work with a child theme. But because some texts can not be translated into another language without doing so through a php template I have to use a child theme and copy f.e. the header.php to my childtheme. When I make my changes in the parent theme they are lost when updating the theme so therefor I have to use a child theme.

It would be very usefull when you make it possible to translate every text without diving into the php files. Is that a possibility? I hope so.
    Because in the meantime I can’t do without a child theme and everyone who wants to build websites in another language than the Enlish language has to do that too.
    So it is easy for you to say not to use a childtheme and on the other hand making that necessary because not everything is translatable through the theme options. And translations can’t be made through CSS.

The things I wasn’t able to translate through the theme options:

“read more” in the populair procedure section (functions.php)
    “follow us” in the topbar (header.php)
    “search” in Search widget (searchform.php)
    “Phone” in the 4th footer box (footer.php)

I tried to translate through the plugin loco translate but only back-end items could be translated there and not front-end items.

I hope you seriously will consider to make all the translations possible through the theme options in a next update. Or if that is not possible through loco translate, that would be fine by me too.

I have purchased your themes for 1 year and am considering to buy for lifetime but not being able to use a child theme is a serious problem for me and is keeping me from a lifetime purchase.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Okay will try to get this done in next update.

Regards,
    Shri

CarlaCarla
    Participant

Ok thank you for being open to feed back and improvements to your themes. Looking forward to the update. If you need help with Dutch translations in your themes f.e. in loco translate I am willing to help. Just let me know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.