Comment Sequence and Page Navigation

Home Forums Gravida Support Comment Sequence and Page Navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CarolCarol
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 5

Hi Shri,
    I have a Customer Feedback page where customers enter their comments. There are 14 comments in total. I have specified 12 comments per page so the customer does not have to scroll too far to leave a new comment. However I’m having a few issues getting the comments to display as I would like.

http://lobotest.siterubix.com/customer-feedback

1. Comment Navigation:
    I have 2 pages of comments (14 comments in total with 12 per page). Instead of a way to navigate from page to page, I just see a heading saying “Comment Navigation”. Have I missed something?

2. Comment Sequence.
    What I would like is to always have the 12 most recent comments displayed as the initial default page. I have set the discussion settings to 12 comments per page, newer comments showing first. If I then specify “last” page displayed by default, I only see the newest 2 comments, not the newest 12 comments. If I specify “first” page displayed by default, I see the oldest 12 comments, and not the most recent 2. Is there a way to always have the most recent 12 comments showing as the default?

Alternatively, is there a way to have the comment box above the comments instead of at the bottom? Then I can put all comments on one page, and the customer does not have to scroll to leave a new one.

By the way, I did change the “14 thoughts on Customer Feedback” line to simply state the number of comments. Might this have affected anything?

Thanks,
    Carol.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30657
    • Total: 30657

Hi Carol,

I would suggest you to use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpdiscuz/

It will also change its look to a better view and there are loads of options in this plugin for pagination and user notification as well.

Also you can try other commenting systems like Facebook or Disqus too.

Regards,
    Shri

CarolCarol
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 5

Hi Shri. The wpdiscuz plugin works perfectly. Thanks so much for your help 🙂

Cheers,
    Carol.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30657
    • Total: 30657

Great

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.