child theme on SKT Simple Pro

Home Forums All Other Themes child theme on SKT Simple Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HansHans
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 70
    • Total: 96

Hello,
    I usually create child themes for every website I create to avoid destroying the apprearance by a theme update. I use the Orbisius Child Theme Creator for doing so. I I try this with the SKT Simple Pro the website is completely gone and I receive an error message. Do you have realized such effect with your SKT themes?

Best regards
    Hans

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Hans,

No need to create a child theme. Kindly go to appearance>theme options>basic settings and use Custom CSS box for that purpose.

Also we don’t have automated updates and rather send emails about updates which you can upgrade manually as mentioned in the other topic of yours.

Regards,
    Shri

HansHans
    Participant

Hello Shri,

I am not sure if I understand you right.

Usually you create a child theme to safe your settings from being overwritten by a theme update. So this child theme corresponds with the mother theme. So if there is a theme update for any reason the mother theme will be updated while the settings remain on the child theme. How do you wnat to get the same effect by using the customs CSS? Very often this custome CSS will be overwritten by a theme update as well.

Best
    Hans

Keymaster

Hi Hans,

Custom CSS box on these themes and the options remain same even after update for the original theme. Same should be applicable for the child theme.

Regards,
    Shri

HansHans
    Participant

Shri,

it is good to know that the customs CSS content remains the same. Lots of other theme creators do overwrite customs CSS and you have to start all over again which is nerve wrecking.

Hans

Keymaster

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘child theme on SKT Simple Pro’ is closed to new replies.