Carousel Read More Links

Home Forums Handy Theme Support Carousel Read More Links

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Henry,

We will have to shift to div based html codes then instead of shortcodes then they will surely working in Visual mode.

We will try to do it in near future if clients want visual mode for shortcodes.

Right now visual mode is not possible and as Greg pointed out text mode suits the shortcodes.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 22
    • Total: 31

The whole point of shortcodes was to be able to add elements to your page without having to switch back and forth between visual and text modes.

If this don’t work correctly then the developers need to get it updated to work like it was designed to do.

I’ve never had this much trouble from a theme unless the theme was just completely dilapidated.

Anytime I have ever used shortcodes was in visual mode.   Now while you can add it in text/html mode visual was suppose to keep you from having to switch back and forth between the two modes when making edits to your post or pages.

Keymaster

When a particular section only has shortcode and nothing else i don’t understand why in the world someone would want to switch back and forth between visual and html.

Again when you switch back and forth the double quotes like ” and changed to some other characters. Something out of our hand here and hence it doesn’t work.

We can again do it one more time and make the links working for you if you send us email: [email protected] with admin access.

Regards,
    Shri

Henry MasonHenry Mason
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 22
    • Total: 31

You obviously are not following on the same wave length.  That is the point I made in my last post.  I don’t edit majority of my sites in text mode I edit them all in visual mode because this is a cleaner view of my edits and it is easier to keep up with.

Greg was asking for clarification on how the links were fixed to solve the problems I was having.  However I was never told how it was fixed the only thing I was told was there was lot of jibberish in the code yet I never seen it on my end in visual or text.

My links are working fine right now but who knows how long that will last because.  Logically I should be able to save in text or visual and the short code work.  But obviously that can’t happen because you didn’t set the theme to work the same as the millions before it.

Keymaster

I understand but only for the carousel part we have been asking you to do this. For column shortcodes etc it works just fine. Wherever we have double quotes (i.e. links) it is creating trouble.

Rest is fine. So all others will work fine except the link part and hence only for this carousel requested you to use html view.

Regards,
    Shri

Apple BakerApple Baker
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 11
    • Total: 14

Hi Shri

Can you answer my question please? The new template does not allow me to change the carousel. I can’t see the strings of short code like the previous one. Can you clarify how to make the changes please?

Keymaster

Sorry for delayed response we are quickly adding video documentation so that these queries will get reduced in future.

Check on left side featured projects.

Add title, description and featured image to populate the carousel. So no need to have link, title, description etc within the shortcode.

Regards,
    Shri

Apple BakerApple Baker
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 11
    • Total: 14

I dont think you are following me. I am asking about the carousel not album. They are two different features. You have sent me info on how to create album. I dont need that. I want to change the image, info, link in the carousel like the old template. The old template it was in Section 1. But I can’t see it in your updated template. How do I replace the the default info?

Keymaster

Hi Apple,

Here is a video to walk you through: https://youtu.be/rVFxbiHGLM4

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.