Blog Page Problem

Home Forums Massage Center (Spa) Forum Blog Page Problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RandyRandy
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 9
    • Total: 10

I am trying to figure out how to hide the “slider”, the “welcome” and the “four service boxes” from the blog page. It looks good on the HOME page but I just want the “inner page banner” on all the rest of the pages, including the blog page.

The URL to the website is: http://forsythforsythiadays.org/

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30638
    • Total: 30638

Hi Randy,

Kindly go to Setting>>Reading>>Select your latest posts.

Regards,
    Brad

RandyRandy

That is the first place I looked and is not the source of the problem. The selected “Front page” is “Home” and the selected “Posts page” is “News”….

RandyRandy

This is definitely a problem related to the theme. I created a new page called “Update”. This page did not have the slider and the service boxes when initially viewed. I then changed my posts page from “News” to “Update” and the “News” page now is good and the “Update” page is messed up.

This is for the Pro version which I purchased last night. I would appreciate getting a resolution for this as I have a demo to do to the client tomorrow…..

RandyRandy

Any ideas on this? I have a demo of the website this afternoon….

RandyRandy

So why has my question not been answered? Is this the way that your support treats it’s customers once they have actually purchased something from you?

I would like a resolution on this problem or I would like a refund on the money I spent on this template…..

Hi Randy,

Sorry for delay in reply.

I understood your issue and here is the reason behind that.

You are selecting the post page from setting>>reading>>post page and hence the slider and homepage boxes appears on post page. Instead of this we have a template for blog pages so that you don’t need to select post page from Setting>>Reading.

Kindly go to Setting>>Reading>>Select your latest posts

After that go to Pages>>News click on edit option. You will find the “Page Attributes” box in right hand side. There is a templates for blog page like Blog Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar..etc., select any one option and save the page.

I hope you understand. If you are not getting kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details via sktthemes.net/contact

Regards,
    Dave

RandyRandy

I just followed your instructions and it took the news items off the front page but it also removed the slider and the three content boxes. Leave a homepage that looked like a content page…..

RandyRandy

Okay, I now see the problem. My previous post was wrong. With the homepage their really is no designated homepage. It is built within the theme? That’s weird but it works. It fixed my problem and I can now get back to convincing my client that it all works as it is supposed to.

I appreciate the resolution but I sure wish you would have given me this explanation ten days earlier and before I sat through a meeting getting pissed off reactions…..

RandyRandy

I just noticed another problem. The slider height, even though the images I added are exactly the same size as yours, overlays the first line of (large font) that is under the slider. You can briefly see it when the slides change. It happens when the browser width is enlarged and goes away when it is shrunk down…..

Here is the URL:

http://forsythforsythiadays.org/

Hi Randy,

Kindly go to Appereance>>Theme Option>>Basic Setting>>Custom CSS Box

Add this code:

.slider-main{ height:auto !important;}

Regards,
    Dave

RandyRandy

That worked perfectly, thank you!

🙂

ChadChad
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 2

I’m having the same issue as Randy. It looks like the default settings are set to where the blog page and the home page look the same. It is a bit unclear how to fix this situation. I did the steps suggested and that fixes the blog page but the home page is still blank. Can you please help?

RandyRandy

Hi Chad, the instructions here resolved my problems and I believe it can solve yours as well once you wrap your head around (which I had a problem with) the fact that in Reading > Settings you set “Front page displays” to “Your latest posts”. Just do not designate a homepage in any way. If you built one, you can delete it. The theme builds the homepage based on the features you selected. I know it’s confusing but it does work…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.