Add Excerpt for Girlie Theme

Home Forums All Other Themes Add Excerpt for Girlie Theme

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sixtina AlwardtSixtina Alwardt
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 37
    • Total: 51

Hello everyone,
    I cannot figure out how to add an excerpt to this theme. My posts randomly do what they want and show different content next to the featured image. I would like to be able to decide how much is shown, so it does not stop within a sentence etc. I used to have a box above the featured image inside the blog posts when I create it. Is there a plug in or something?

Appreciate your help.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30636
    • Total: 30636

Hi Sixtina,

Kindly go to Appereance>>Theme Option>>Basic Setting

You will find “change blog post shortcode and blog page setting”

You can change the excerpt length from there.

Regards,
    Brad

Hi Brad,

thanks for the fast answer. This is not exactly what I am looking for, I found this option. I will try to describe my problem better:

Is it possible that I can add an excerpt and be in control of what is displayed next to the featured image or even write a complete different text? I used that a lot in my old blog theme and I would like to have it again. When I created a new post on the right side where I add categories and the featured image there was a box with excerpt and I could write a summary myself.
    I checked for plug ins but could not find anything that worked. Right now it just randomly stops and even shows the images within the post and looks all chaotic. The weird thing though is that on the homepage the excerpt has different length than on all other posts. I know that the excerpt option you mentioned helps me to control the excerpt of the homepage, I played around with it but I dont like ti because it randomly stops within a sentence. I don’t know how to control it. Please help me. Is it possible to attach screenshots? I have previously written an Email

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

You can have 3 different pages which you like to the feature boxes and then you can use page links to or redirection plugin and redirect these pages to any page you want.

So basically you get full control of the excerpt of these boxes.

Regards,
    Shri

I think this is also not what I mean.

I tried multiple excerpt plugins. Currently trying the “Advanced Excerpt Plugin”. This gives me an additional box within the editor of the post (where I can also add featured image, categories etc. ) So this box is great but I think it has to be connected to the theme. Because even if I write text in there it does not work…

In Appearance > Theme Options> Basic Settings> post shortcode change text content lenth here…I basically control the number of words of the home page featured posts. I got that. No problem.

Then in Settings > Excerpt (thanks to the plug in) I can control the length of the posts which are in certain categories ( those categories are linked to a page in my menu). Got that too….but I would like to control those as for example if I choose 120 words…it does not always end with a dot and I don’t like when it stops in the middle of the sentence. Could it be that this plug in needs or has a code which works with this theme. Because I also have the above mentioned excerpt box when I create a new post which is great but not functioning as I think I am missing a connection.

Do you know what I mean? I am happy to provide you my log in details.

Sixtina

“How do I use WP custom excerpt box functional”

Here is a screenshot for Appearance > Theme Options> Basic Settings…which is perfect how it is. I can adjust the text no problem at all.

http://pasteboard.co/2EiU7wn7.png

And here is a screenshot of the posts how they look when linked to a category.

http://pasteboard.co/2EiNM44u.png

This looks a bit ugly as there is so much free space. Maybe if we cant solve the problem with the excerpt box, it would be possible to solve it with some code form your side regarding the layout πŸ™‚ I raised a ticket here: #28655.

Hi Sixtina,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details via sktthemes.net/contact

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Brad

Did you receive the email?

Hi,

This issue was resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,
    Brad

Hello,

thank you for the fast response. So does that mean that I cannot write a custom excerpt myself with the plug in? Because it still does not work when I write a text in the excerpt box below my newly created post.

See here excerpt box:

http://pasteboard.co/2Ga3N4wd.png

Regards,

Sixtina

Hi Sixtina,

This issue was resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.

You have to write excerpt here http://pasteboard.co/2Ga3N4wd.png it will show up on your posts.

Regards,
    Brad

Hi Brad,

thank you. I did write an excerpt there and it does not work. This box seems to not be activated yet. Whenever I type something in there it does not show up…could you kindly check again or try yourself…feel free to leave it, if it works.

Thank you in advance,

Sixtina

It works now πŸ™‚ Perfect.

Thank you so much Brad.

Issue resolved!

Great πŸ™‚

Regards,
    Brad

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.