Homepage settings and Wordpress XML Import

Home Forums Beauty Cuts Theme Support Homepage settings and Wordpress XML Import

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robbert HuffenreuterRobbert Huffenreuter
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi,

I love the look of the theme, but can’t seem to be able to import all of the DATA  from the .xml (/DATA) into the theme. None of the images are imported.

Also I can only choose a static homepage (Welcome to…) which kills the scrolling OR choose a posting-homepage which doesn’t show content.

Please help me out,

Robbert

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Robbert,

Sorry to hear that. Check in settings>reading inside your admin panel if you have set some static home page. Change it to latest posts.

Inside the zip file you downloaded you will get a folder named Data. Kindly open it up and check the xml file attached there for data.

Kindly also note there is an uploads folder same as the uploads inside WordPress install in wp-content folder. Kindly upload that folder for getting all the images along with data.

If this seems difficult for you send us the WordPress access and ftp on [email protected]

Regards,

Shri

Robbert HuffenreuterRobbert Huffenreuter
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Shri,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all of your solutions already, but images are are still not showing, just placeholders.

About the Homepage, it is set to latest blogpost already, but you put the Welcome to the Hairsalon ‘page’ in the Pages, not the posts. Please check this.

So, sadly, nothing is solved at this moment and I’m running a local server for testing so i can’t let you log in. What’s next?

Keymaster

Hi Robert,

It is suggested if you are a developer you can upload the uploads folder into your uploads section and upload the theme and upload the database (mysql file) into your database and the site should be set up as it is on our server.

If not we will send you the admin details of our server where we have set up the site and you can check how it has been done.

Hope this might help you in this. For the welcome to hair salon yes its a page in pages area.

Sending you email on your mail id: [email protected] with the details of admin of our server where we have installed the hair salon theme.

Keymaster

Hi,

We have sent the access to our server where we have installed the theme to check everything on your mail id: [email protected]

Regards,

Shri

Maden PupovacMaden Pupovac
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4
    • Total: 4

Hi,

I am posting in this thread because I can’t create new topics for some reason.

I purchased Gravida theme and installed it yesterday. Everything looks the same as in the demo, except the Latest Posts. For some reason, the blog 4 posts are not displayed on the Home page. I tried publishing new posts and even reinstalled the whole theme again, but couldn’t get the Home page to show posts from the blog.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for delay. Kindly send us your WordPress admin details on [email protected] and we can take care of the blog posts. In future it will work fine then. We can’t say how and why the problem must have arised. Need to check the same.

Regards,
    Shri

Hi,

It’s me again. The changes you did on my site make the latest posts appear on the home page. But I have a new problem. When I add new services or change any page, that change doesn’t appear on the site. When I create a new page, it doesn’t exist.

Kindly check this URL http://www.getbacktopassion.com/services/content-creation/  You have access to my blog so you can see that I created the page. I am struggling very hard with making this theme work, but I can’t even create content for my website as it doesn’t show anywhere. Please help ASAP.

Thank you!

Hi again,

Can I get any help with my issue? The theme is basically not functioning properly and I can’t do anything with it.

Keymaster

It seems like a problem with your permalink and htaccess and not theme problem. Kindly send us username and password of WordPress admin and as well as ftp details on [email protected]

And we can check the same.

Ok, I’ve sent you FTP and WP info via email.

Keymaster

Will reply back by tomorrow with the update

Keymaster

Hi,

Issue was resolved. Problem was there was post type with name services as well as a page with name services. So we just changed the slug of services to our-services to resolve the issue.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.